CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A glimpse of the future....

Today was a beautiful spring day and for once we were ready for school before we needed to walk out the door. Ethan noticed that our neighbor's children were outside waiting for the bus. He came running over and said "Mommy can I go outside and see Josh?" I told him that he could and he put on his coat and his backpack and headed out the door.

On my way upstairs to get something, I peeked outside to make sure that he was in fact with Josh. Looking out there was like seeing into the future for this mom. This fall my baby heads off to kindergarten and he will be standing next store in the neighbor's driveway waiting for the big yellow bus to come and take him to school.

I have to admit that I am having a hard time with this milestone in Ethan's life. Preschool wasn't half this hard because I only had to give him up for two hours! Thankfully, our school system's kindergarten is only half day! Still, this is the beginning of a whole new chapter for us. My baby is going to school!

1 comments:

The Kreiders said...

Welcome back! We missed you in the world of blogging! Your template looks great!